Business and Management: A focus on internal assessment
Workshop time commitment will depend on the level of engagement from the participants, however it is expected to be around 4-6 hours per week in the case of a standard length workshop or 8-12 hours per week for a condensed workshop.
Registrations can be submitted up to 14 days (GMT +1.00) prior to the workshop start date. Any cancellation occurring 14 days or more prior to the first day of the workshop will receive credit for the full amount of the registration fee. Please see our registration, transfer and cancellation policy for more details.
Recommended audience: This workshop is intended for supervisors of students engaged in writing their internal assessment on academic areas of Business and Management. It does not require prior experience in the supervision of internal assessment in the field of business and management. Experienced supervisors are also welcome.
This workshop will help supervisors of business and management students develop the skills to help students write a major piece of formally presented, structured writing, in which ideas and findings are communicated in a reasoned and coherent manner, appropriate to the academic field of business and management. There will be special emphasis on the development of an encouraging climate. We will discuss the roles and responsibilities of the supervisor.
• Investigate and discuss ideas that assist students and teachers in meeting the requirements of business and management internal assessment
• Undertake simulated assessment of examples of internal assessment
• Develop strategies and resources that can be used to support successful completion of the internal assessment in business and management
• Assess reports and discuss the marks awarded
• Review ways to ensure academic honesty in internal assessment